From USD 1,100 or NZD 1,600
This trip features the best of Western and Central Cuba in only 10 days. It’s ideal for a two week holiday.
Start Havana, Cuba
Finish Havana, Cuba
Intensity Level Low to Medium
Ages No requirements
Group size No requirements
Day 1 Airport pickup and check-in at your local casa. Night in Havana.
Day 2 Guided tour of Havana. Night in Havana.
Day 3 Guided tour of Havana in the morning. Free afternoon. Night in Havana.
Day 4 Departure to Viñales. Visit to Las Terrazas Biosphere Reserve. Night in Viñales.
Day 5 Guided tour of Viñales. Night in Viñales.
Day 6 Departure to Cienfuegos. Guided tour of Cienfuegos. Night in Cienfuegos.
Day 7 Departure to Trinidad. Your choice of customised tour of the city, day at the beach or hike to Topes de Collantes. Night in Trinidad.
Day 8 Your choice of customised tour of the city, day at the beach or hike to Topes de Collantes. Night in Trinidad.
Day 9 Departure to Santa Clara. Guided tour of the city. Night in Santa Clara.
Day 10 Return to Havana. Transfer to the airport.
Why we love this trip
- This trip features the best of Western and Central Cuba.
- It’s the perfect trip for a two week holiday.
- It’s super affordable, and the more friends you bring with you the cheaper it gets.
- It offers the perfect balance of city hopping and outdoor experiences.
- We don’t believe that one size fits all, so we customise your trip, from start to finish, based on your interests.
Is this trip right for you?
- We want you to experience the best of Cuban culture, its people and their way of living. So we’ve designed this trip using standard accommodation with your own room in a local casa. If you prefer, you have the choice to upgrade your accommodation to an entire casa or hotel.
- Internet access is not yet widely available in Cuba and it can be unreliable. But guess what? You are on holiday! Take a break from your phone and computer, forget about sharing snaps in real time, and enjoy a true holiday, just like your parents used to. Although if you get desperate make your way to the closest Wifi park.
- Don’t forget to pack your best attitude. Cuba is like no other country in the world, and that’s a big part of its charm. Things don’t always go according to plan? Never mind. We always have a plan B under our sleeves, and even a plan C. Being patient and open minded will help you have the best of holidays in this beautiful destination.
“ I moved to New Zealand 9 years ago. Yet, every time I go back, the first couple of days are the hardest. Perhaps a combination of my personality, the exhaustion from 2 whole days of traveling and jetlag. My hack? Ron Collins and sleep are the best cure to help me get back into the rhythm…
Lilly, Habanamade Cuba Consultant
Other things to know
- Complete our checklist “Before you go”. You’ll receive a link in the email confirming your trip details.
- Avoid drinking tap water. If you are not used it, you can get sick.
- Tipping in Cuba is not compulsory but if you receive a good service, we recommend tipping 10 to 15% at places like restaurants and cafes. When it comes to tipping your host, a minimum of 10 to 20 CUC per day is recommended.
- Keep a few spare coins in your pocket. In Cuba, you pay 5 to 25 cents (CUC) for your entry to public toilets, which includes toilet paper. Think of it as a way of thanking those ladies for their hard work of keeping those toilets clean, even though water and cleaning products are sometimes scarce.
- If you easily get annoyed by street hustlers, just say no firmly when they approach you, or talk to your host.
2 to 3 people: USD 1,700 or NZD 2,500
4 to 5 people: USD 1,300 or NZD 1,900
6 or more people: USD 1,100 or NZD 1,600